Boy accidentally buys live bomb -- explodes hand

275x250.jpg When 16-year-old Luke Stillman bought a "deactivated" shell from a military memorabilia website, he hoped it would be a good example.

What the military-mad lad didn't expect, was for the 81mm mortar round to explode in his hand as he examined it.

But that's exactly what did happen, blowing off the tip of his thumb and requiring Luke to be rushed to hospital in Northants.

There doctors treated the weapon injuries and police have apparently now launched an investigation into what happened.

While it's thought the vendor had since been banned from trading it won't matter to Luke… his dad says he's not buying any more shells.

VIA
Mirror
blog comments powered by Disqus



Lijit Search
Related Posts with Thumbnails