Make a delicious quindim to eat as dessert. This recipe is not only simple and easy to make, it’s also quick! Brazilian Custard (Quindim).
Brazilian Custard (Quindim)
For your quindim to be tasty, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the step-by-step preparation instructions.
100g grated coconut
200 ml of coconut milk
30g butter, melted at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or essence
1 cup refined sugar
- In a bowl, add 100g of grated coconut;
- Add 200ml of coconut milk;
- Hydrate for 15 minutes;
- Add 1 cup caster sugar;
- Add 30g of melted butter at room temperature;
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or essence;
- Mix well;
- Add 10 sifted yolks;
- Mix slowly;
- Transfer to greased forminhas with butter and sprinkled with sugar;
- Put it in a bigger shape;
- Add hot water and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for approximately 50 minutes (in a water bath);
- Your quindim is ready!