Learn how to make grandma’s rice pudding, from when you were a kid and ate it when you visited her! See the simple and easy recipe!
Grandma’s Sweet Rice (Creamy)
For your sweet rice to be creamy and with that nostalgic taste, you will need to use the ingredients from the list below.
Follow the step-by-step preparation method.
1 cup (tea) uncooked white rice 170 grams
4 cups (tea) of hot or boiling water 840 ml
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup of sugar (to caramelize)
4 cups of milk (any type of milk)
1/4 cup (tea) of sugar
ground cinnamon (optional)
- In a pan on the fire, add 1 cup of rice;
- Add 4 cups (tea) of hot or boiling water 840 ml;
- Add 2 cinnamon sticks;
- Cook for 15 minutes;
- Leave it on the low fire;
- In another pan on the fire, add 1 cup (tea) of sugar to caramelize;
- Let it melt;
- Add 4 cups (tea) of milk (any type of milk).
Add little by little while mixing;
- Add the caramelized milk to the rice;
- Mix and let cook until thickened (approximately 20 minutes);
- Your sweet rice is ready, just add cinnamon powder on top!