Trump threatened to bombard the country if there is no new disarmament agreement. Iranian government says it only agrees with indirect conversations that USA need to prove confidence.

Iran’s president, Masoud Pezeshkian, rejected on Sunday (30/03) the idea of ​​celebrating direct negotiations with US President Donald Trump’s government about his nuclear program.

In a letter sent in early March to Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, Trump asked Iran to make a new nuclear agreement with the US. In December, the UN warned that the country is “dramatically increasing” its uranium enrichment and advances toward the nuclear bomb.

“We respond to the US President’s letter via Oman and rejected the option of direct conversations, but we are open to indirect negotiations,” said Pezeshkian during a meeting with his Iranian TV.

“We are not going to escape the dialogue. It’s the breaking of promises that has caused us problems so far,” said Pezeshkian. “[Mas] They need to prove that they can create confidence. ”

Trump withdrew US according to

During his first term in 2018, Trump removed the US from a nuclear agreement with Iran, the Comprehensive Comprehensive Action Plan (JCPOA).

The agreement had relieved US sanctions against the country, which in return restricted its nuclear program and allowed the International Atomic Energy Agency to inspect its uranium enrichment facilities.

France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom and the European Union also signed the agreement.

Trump promises to “bombard” if there is no new nuclear agreement

In an interview with the American broadcaster NBC News released on Saturday night, Trump made new threats to Iran.

“If they do not agree, there will be a bombardment. There will be a bombardment like they have never seen before,” the American said.

“But there is a chance that if they do not agree, I apply secondary fares about them as I did four years ago.”

At the time, Trump stated that US and Iran representatives were talking about it. The Republican government encompasses a “maximum pressure” approach that aims to isolate both economically and politically.

The Trump administration also promised to repress the Houthi militia in Yemen, supported by Iran.

Originally published by DW on 03/30/2025

Source: https://www.ocafezinho.com/2025/03/31/ira-rejeita-negociacao-direta-com-eua-sobre-programa-nuclear/

Leave a Reply