Aerial attacks hit homes and tents in southern Gaza, reaping lives on the sacred holiday. Families face hunger and destruction amid the escalation of war


The Israeli bombardment in the Gaza Strip continued on the first day of the EID Muslim holiday, killing dozens of people, while Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu shows no signs that he will decrease pressure on Hamas amid a new round of ceasefire negotiations.

Several air attacks in the early hours of Sunday reached tents and homes while the Palestinians celebrated the Eid Al-Fitr holiday, marking the end of the month of Muslim fasting from Ramadan. At least 35 people were killed in the cities of southern Rafah and Khan Youis, medical sources told Al Jazeera.

Sunday’s murders occurred while the society of the Crescent Red Palestinian (PRCs) recovered the bodies of 15 health professionals in Rafah who were under heavy Israeli fire last week. Al Jazeera’s Sanad Checating Agency has obtained exclusive satellite images showing that at least five rescue vehicles were destroyed by the Israeli military in that deadly attack.

“[Isto] It is a tragedy not only for us… but also for humanitarian work and humanity, ”the PRCS said in a statement, adding that the Israeli military attack on health professionals” can only be considered a war crime. “

In the midst of violence, the humanitarian situation in the Gaza strip continues to deteriorate, as Israel has interrupted the delivery of help to Gaza since early March.

“Palestinians should break the fast with a very good meal [para o Eid]But today they could not guarantee a meal. The situation in Gaza is devastating, ”said Al Jazeera’s Hind Khoudary, reporting Deir El-Balah.

The food in the track is scarce and very expensive, with parents saying that feeding their families is an “mission impossible,” said Khoudadary.

Meanwhile, the prospects for an advance in ceasefire negotiations seem remote.

On Sunday, Netanyahu repeated the requirement for Hamas to disarm and his leaders leave Gaza while promising to increase the pressure on the group to release the remaining 59 prisoners, 35 of which are believed to be dead.

They are part of a new set of demands presented by Israel, with the support of US President Donald Trump, who should revise the terms of a three-phase ceasefire agreement signed in January.

According to the original agreement, after the release of the first batch of prisoners each week, the two parties agreed to enter a second phase of negotiations to discuss the permanent end of the war, the release of the remaining prisoners and the withdrawal of the Israeli troops from Gaza.

But Israel insists that Hamas must release all captives without Israel committed to ending war. With Hamas refusing the new demands, Israel resumed the bombing of the track and realized troops inside the enclave.

On Sunday, Netanyahu also said that Israel would work to implement Trump’s “voluntary emigration plan” to Gaza and said his cabinet agreed to continue pressing Hamas, which claims to have agreed with a new proposal for ceasefire of the mediators Egypt and Qatar.

Sami Abu Zuhri, a high Hamas employee, said Netanyahu’s comments were a recipe for an “endless climb” in the region.

Netanyahu rejected the claims that Israel was not negotiating, saying, “We are leading it under fire and therefore is also effective.”

“We see that there are sudden cracks,” he said in a video statement issued on Sunday.

Khalil Al-Hayya, the Hamas leader in Gaza, said the group agreed with a proposal that security sources said they included the release of five Israeli prisoners each week. But he said that testifying his weapons as Israel demanded was a “red line” that the group would not cross.

With information from Al Jazeera and News Agencies

Source: https://www.ocafezinho.com/2025/03/31/explosoes-no-eid-gaza-sob-ataque-e-luto-no-feriado/

Leave a Reply