Friday 13th unlucky for SAW rollercoaster

200x190.jpgA theme park which planned to open a new £13.5m rollercoaster on Friday 13th had a bit of bad luck when the ride broke down just before its launch.

To make matters worse the SAW ride at Thorpe Park broke during an evening for celebrities including Jonathan Ross, Dermot O'Leary and Katie Melua to test the coaster.

The VIPs had been invited to sample the ride - which features a 100-degree drop from 100ft in the air - ahead of its opening to members of the public today.

But at one point SAW juddered to a halt trapping screaming passengers for over 15 minutes. One woman even suffered a panic attack ... she thought she could have been stuck up there with Wossy.
A spokesperson for the Surrey-based theme park said they were forced to do a "temporary shutdown" of the ride due to "minor teething problems."

Jonathan Ross today said he was not on the ride - based on the Saw horror movies - when it stopped.

"My family and I were not stuck on the Saw ride. It worked perfectly while we were there and we loved it," said the BBC star.


LINKS
Thorpe Park
blog comments powered by Disqus



Lijit Search

Odd Stuff From Our Friends >>



Related Posts with Thumbnails